Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Wristband

With me, you’re a VIP. I’m the most coveted piece of paper this side of Freedom Hall. You get onto all the rides, big or small, with me wrapped around your wrist. And for just $24 (and $12 on Kiddie Day Friday) I can provide you an entire day’s worth of screams, shrills and laughs.

I’m the all-important wristband.

Sure I ride the teacups – I spin and watch as the turquoises, oranges and purples mix together into a teacup frenzy of fun! Next, take me on a ride down the fun slide, with one, two, three dips and away we go! I dip on the Dragon Wagon and get scrambled on the Sizzler.

“Can we please go on Starship Area 51?”

I love spinning in the gravity-free zone in this multi-colored, UFO ride. As I wait for you to regain your balance, I’m living the perfect life. We head off to Feverball, a glowing pendulum of shrieks that not only sways back and forth but spins me in circles – what a thrill!

Let’s cool off on the bumper boats before we maneuver through the Ogre’s Castle. Then take me on the pirate ship and the Ferris wheel – I never get tired of the dips, flips and twirls.

Take me for a spin with the bumper cars or test me out on the swings – I love them all!

Although I won’t be able to get you all the cotton candy, funnel cakes and lemonades – I would love to get close to those delectable treats between the Dizzy Dragons and the carousel.

“Oh, oh! Win me one of those prizes at the game booth – just pop those bright balloons, and ‘ta-da’ you win a bear!”

I’m snuggled up close to your cuddly prize and I’ve just about worn out the rides until we spot Chang, with its twisted, tangled steel that sends fairgoers into adrenaline overload.

“You don’t think I can handle it? Oh, I can do it all – bring it on!”

I’m the pass for non-stop fun, but I also prove to be a great deal! I get you unlimited access to the Midway rides and Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, so buy me now through Aug. 27 and also on Aug. 30, or (if you’re a tiny tike 12 years and under) buy a child wristband for $12 on Friday, Aug. 28. I’m just itching to get on these awesome rides in the Thrillway!





No response to “A Day in the Life of a Wristband”

Post a Comment